Swanston Equipment Corporation is seeking the below full-time positions.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including 401K. If you are a motivated team oriented individual who wants to grow with a fun and energetic company please apply with us!
Please enter your information in the required fields below and include the position and location you are interested in, in the comments/qualifications section. You will be contacted shortly with more information on where to send a resume.
Thank you for your interest in Swanston Equipment!
Your responsibility as the Technician is to diagnose equipment repair needs and perform designated repairs on customer or company owned machines as directed. Repairs are made on, but not limited to Bobcat equipment, Volvo equipment, Cimline melters, etc.
Your Primary Job Duties:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair customer/company equipment in a shop or field environment while making sure that your efficiency and productivity are up to Swanston Equipment standards.
- Plan out methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned.
- Request all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs.
- Conduct the repairs in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all repairs are completed as assigned.
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance of the unit where the repair was performed is up to the customers standards.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition.
- Maintain good working records for various clock ins and write ups on work orders, and ordering for parts.
- Ensure all record keeping methods are followed per instructions.
Ensure all records are kept legible and in compliance with established methods
Your responsibility as the Shop Foreman is to promote positivity, productivity, and leadership through overseeing technicians and shop activity on the ground level within our Service Department. You will work closely with the Service Manager in efforts to ensure the safe and efficient operations of the shop including, but not limited to:
Your Primary Job Duties:
- Supervise and support technicians through enforcing proper procedures and promote open communication.
- Identify when training/retraining on equipment is necessary for not only new technicians, but experienced technicians as well.
- Schedule and provide said training.
- Dispatch work in a fair, unbiased manner in accordance with shop workload, customer needs, and sales needs.
- Assist in diagnosis and repairs with technicians.
- Ensure shop efficiency and productivity are up to and within Swanston Equipment standards.
- Address any issues promptly and keep the Service Manager informed.
- Promote health and safety in the workplace
- Report any unsafe or unethical practices to Service Manager
- Step in as the backup Service Manager when the Service Manager is out of the office (sick, vacation)
- Help keep the technicians in their bays, on billable work orders
- When necessary, take on work orders as if they were a technician to help the shop get caught up if they have fallen behind.